I was first introduced to Blackbird Designs in 2014 and they have quickly become my very favorite designers. Blackbird Designs is actually two designers - Alma Allen and Barb Adams who are the ladies behind Blackbird Designs. Barb and Alma began their company in 1999 to share a love of color, pattern, and fiber. Sometime around 2003, they added counted cross stitch to their line of products.
Many of their charts are now out of print and go for very high prices on ebay.
Resources for Blackbird Design Addicts
- Blackbird Designs - One stitch at a time - Alma's blog
- Blackbird Designs - stitchers' blog
- Her Sampler - offered as a SAL on Alma's blog
- Fans of Blackbird Designs Facebook Group
- Inventory List of Blackbird Design Charts
- Blackbird Designs Chart Loan (or the Lending Library rules)
- Old Blackbird Designs Website