Blackbird Designs Mystery Sampler
The Blackbird Designs Mystery Sampler is comprised of bonus charts that were included in the Loose Feathers charts 31 – 34, in 2008 and 2009. It can be stitched in parts on separate pieces and colors of linen and then sewn together OR as one piece. I plan on stitching it all as one piece.
Picture of completed sampler stitched by Vaida Balaseviciute from
The charts listed below are all out of print. You will occasionally find them on eBay. The links lead to a picture of the chart cover but not the chart itself.
- Blessings and Kind Wishes, Loose Feathers #31 with Bonus #1 (75w x 120h) & #2 (60w x 120h)
- Beyond My Heart Loose Feathers #32 with Bonus #3 (79wx 120h)
- Keepsake Box & Pinkeep Loose Feathers #33 with Bonus #4 (60w x 120h)
- Two Hearts, Loose Feathers #34 With Bonus #5 (75w x 120h)
- GAST Mulberry (DMC 3857) – 2 skeins
- GAST Gingersnap (DMC 400) – 2 skeins
- GAST Flax (DMC 612 & 613) – 2 skeins
- GAST Peacock (DMC 3768) – 2 skeins
- GAST Shaker White (DMC 822) – 1 skein
- WDW Basil (DMC 3041 & 3051) – 1 skein
- GAST Roasted Marshmallow (DMC 3865)
- WDW Charcoal (DMC 844) – 2 skeins,
- WDW Moss (DMC 469) – 3 skeins
- WDW Olive (DMC 732) 2 skeins
- CC Caterpillar - (DMC 801 & 3371)
NOTE: You may choose to stitch the flowers that are Shaker White in Flax as suggested by another stitcher. Where more than 1 skein is listed, it comes from someone who had already stitched this.
Overall measurement for the Mystery Sampler is (stitch count 349 x 120h)
30ct 23 ¼ x 8 plus 3” all around – cut fabric 32 x 16 ½
28ct 24 7/8 x 8 ⅝ plus 4” all around – cut fabric 33½ x 17
Want to see another way of finishing this beautiful sampler? Imagine it as a holder for your Kindle.